Tuesday, October 6, 2009

So very, very tired

I am not sure how it is only Tuesday. Nicholas and Michael returned home from their visit from their Dad's this weekend. They were very glad to see him and it sounds like they had a great visit...aside from Nick's injury.

When Nick arrived home on Sunday night, he could still barely move his arm and it hurt him to touch it. I read the medical reports that stated it was either a sprain or Nursemaid's Elbow. I had no idea what that was, but I found out it was a partially dislocated elbow and Nick had every single symptom of it. I am not sure what the confusion about it was. I have no medical expertise and it seemed pretty obvious to me and it made me pretty angry that the hospital had missed it. And then I felt panicked when I read that if it wasn't corrected soon after it could cause permanent damage to a kid's range of motion in his arm. There were instructions on how to fix it, but they were confusing. Luckily, I cam across Megan's blog here: http://www.holdituptothelight.com/ (which is totally adorable) which included pictures with instructions on how to fix it. So I just followed her instructions and his elbow popped right into place and now he is good as new. I am very relieved as I was not wanting to go to the ER for the third time in a week. Nick was totally thrilled that his arm worked again. We ate chocolate to celebrate. :)

I toasted waffles this morning and apparently they were evil conspirational waffles. Because when they popped out, they knocked out the electricity from the toaster, microwave, and the refrigerator. All I could think of was all of those home cooked frozen lunches I had prepared for the boys melting and becoming unusable. So I went down to the circuit breaker and told it it needed to work with me because I was not in the mood to cook 18 additional baby meals. I flipped every switch back and forth, said a little prayer, and our appliances are up and running again. It's a good thing. I may have murdered the waffles.

Nick and Michael had a great day at school today. Michael has started napping and receives huge smiley faces from his teachers as they are grateful that peace is returning to their classroom instead of Michael causing a baby revolt every day at nap time. Nick does great at school, but he has desginated nap for a time to kick things, sing, and roll like a log across the room, which is not amusing his teacher at school at all. We are working on it. He is at least doing fine with all the "awake time" activities.

I started 2 online graduate classes yesterday to begin earning the 12 stupid counseling credits I need to take to earn my counseling license. I already passed the test and completed the hours (both years ago) but my Master's program was 48 credits and licensure requires 60. I have to say it is a little intimidating. It has been 10 years since I was last in school. I am taking Personality Theory and Grief and Bereavement Counseling and am grateful that neither include any math. :)

It is 7:53 PM and I am leaving my house a wreck and am getting up early to deal with it. Right now, I am going to go to sleep. And I am going to dream about running, and my friends in VA, and being at a playground with the boys, and chocolate, and ice cream, and of some day when I will be able to sleep on a regular basis again.

1 comment:

Greta said...

I miss you. I am amazed by you friend. I literally don't know how you keep it all going...popping arms into place, flipping breakers, and managing life with 2 boys... I can barely fix my own coffee. :) I love you and want you to know anytime you need a break come on down to NC. I'll take care of you and the boys and you can sleep, sleep, sleep all you want and then some. xoxox